Re: "relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_CALL16"

On 4/23/06, zhuzhenhua <zzh.hust@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i want to write a mini bootloader for my board, so i need jump to c
> code from asm code
> but when i compile and ld, i get "relocation truncated to fit:
> R_MIPS_CALL16" messages for every function call..
I had this error sometime back.
I increased the size of ROM0 and RAM0 in linker script which was used by ld.

I initially had problem using mips-linux-gcc(only for linux userspace
application) toolchain, when i used the target mips-elf-gcc(this one
should be used) i got around it.