RE: Oprofile on sibyte 2.4.18 kernel

Hello,

Ah - got it.  What you're looking at here is the table for the SOC
performance counters, which aren't currently supported by oprofile.  If
you compare the two, the SOC performance counters deal with activity on
the system Z-bus, the core performance counters deal with processor
cycles, instruction execution, L1 cache activity and the like.

> I thought sb1 is the core and if two of these cores are
> present it is labelled 1250 and If only one is present it is
> marketed as 1125 ? Is my understanding wrong ?

This is correct.  From the documentation port of view, all of the "core
stuff" is in the SB1-UM100-RDS.pdf manual, the "SOC stuff" is in the
1250_1125_UM100-RDS.pdf manual.  At this point, oprofile only supports
the core performance counters.

> Let me look at this document and see if it answers my questions.
>
> Also, yes I was looking at 2.6 git tree, not the CVS tree as
> I said below.. Sorry about That.

Not a problem.  Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Mark