Re: stack backtrace

>     Instead for my need I just hack up a simple version of way 1, with
> frame pointer kept on: CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER.

> BTW:It seems nobody use this option for MIPS? Is it dangerous? The size
> and performance overhead should be barable at most time for debugging?

> here is the code patch(just for reference), it depends on
> CONFIG_KALLSYMS too.

The get_frame_info() in process.c in kernel 2.6.16 no longer depends
on a frame pointer.  It would fit your needs better.  I think you can
use it with slight modifications.

BTW, Is there any point using -fno-omit-frame-pointer on MIPS now?
CONFIG_SCHED_NO_NO_OMIT_FRAME_POINTER=y is better for MIPS, isn't it?

---
Atsushi Nemoto