Re: 2.6.14 - problem with malta

----- Original Message -----
Thanks for the suggestion. In my config only CONFIG_CPU_MIPS32_R1 and CONFIG_SYS_HAS_CPU_MIPS32_R1 are set. Even then, I observe the same problem. I am enclosing the configuration file along with this mail.

My own Malta kernels are built from rather old 2.6 sources, so it's not
clear that all the same options are required/possible.  The questions that
come to mind for me are:

1) You're booting a big-endian kernel.  The Malta board can be set up
    for either endianness with a DIP switch, but I believe that it ships
    from the factory in little-endian mode.  Have you verified that the
    endianness setup?

2)  You're configuring for hot-pluggable CPUs.  That isn't fully supported
     in the old source base I've got.  It may be fixed in 2.6.14, but do you
     actually need it on a Malta?

3) You've got support for MIPS MT (the multithreading extension) enabled,
    with the slave-virtual-processor boot loader, etc.  This stuff only works
    on a 34K core, and could cause severe problems if invoked on a 4Kc.
    At least you don't have SMP/SMTC multi-virtual-processor support
    enabled, which would *definitely* cause a prompt crash on a 4Kc,
    but please turn MIPS_MT off.  If MIPS MT + VPE loader are really
    selected options in the default malta config file, it needs to be fixed!

            Regards,

            Kevin K.