Re: tools to convert debian sarge to 16K page size

Thiemo Seufer 写道:
> Can you provide information about the performance impact? That is,
> what system(s) you use, and some basic benchmark numbers. Did you also
> try 64k pages?
The system is running debian sarge,with a mips like Chinese 4-way
superscalar CPU and marvell 64240 system bridge, 256M sdram.Maybe
related information: this CPU has 64K 4-way dcache/icache,so cache
alias exists with 4K configuration.

Big page size helps a bit with at least computational programs, such as
SPEC CPU2000 benchmarks. The attached jpg is a graph showing the results
of some SPEC programs under different page sizes. But we have not
benchmarked other workloads. 16K page size is used mainly to avoid cache
alias, which caused us too much time.

Yes, with 64k more patches needed(some "short" field overflow?I don't
remember the exact modifications,other guys did it)

> Thiemo

JPEG image