Re: Please pull drivers/scsi/dec_esp.c from Linus' git

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> That still leaves below gem to sort out.

 Yeah -- there is that mmiowb() macro that is supposed to fit here, but
some MIPS-based hardware is ordered weakly (and strangely) enough for this
single macro to be a bit insufficient.  I think we should have at least
mmiowb() and mmiob() (corresponding to wmb() and mb(), respectively) as
there is a system we support that does writes in order, but snoops the
writeback buffer (the R3220).  Another one is worse yet as does all of
that plus byte gathering (the R2020).  At least the latter cannot have the
NCR/Emulex SCSI chip and uses DEC's own design instead (a DC7061 gate
array highly suspected to also support DSSI if appropriately configured).

 I'm not sure if we really need mmiorb() -- probably not.

  Maciej