Re: Has anyone seen O2 crashes?

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
I got a report that Debian's experimental 2.6.15 mips patches
(2.6.15.2 plus linux-mips git from a few weeks ago plus random
patches) sometimes crashes, posibly under high load - there's
nothing on the serial console.

I was just wondering if anyone else (in particular the Gentoo folks)
has seem something similar, or is O2 rock solid for you?

I don't know how Debian is patching things up for O2 (ths care to comment?), but ip32 has been absolutely rock solid for me the past several releases. The only modifications I make to the source tree are a small gbefb patch and a minor Makefile patch (however, this is probably different from other Gentoo folks...I hate using our kernel source ebuilds which apply a number of patches for other platforms and issues).

I had over 60 days of uptime recently with some variant of 2.6.15 (-rc5 I think), and the machine was hammered fairly hard during that time with plenty of compiling, including significant portions of KDE. I have run both the 2.6.15 tag from lmo git, and now I'm on 2.6.16-rc1. It still seems solid as ever.

-Steve