Re: DECstation R3000 boot error

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> We had the following settings: console=s and osconsole=3
> The terminal emulation program should've been configured properly
> too.

 Well, the console device was not specified at the Linux's command line
and the kernel currently does not query REX variables to infer which
device to use.  Please retry with "console=ttyS2"; you may specify line
parameters as required, too.  That may be compiled in if you run out of
the BBU RAM space (which only allows up to 37 characters for kernel
arguments).

 The output you got was produced with the early console which uses REX
primitives.

  Maciej