IDE Inteface on the AMD AU1200

Hello,all

The DBAu1200 evaluation board from AMD use the Xilinx's CPLD,
and Ethernet, IDE, BCSR... address line comes out from it.
BCSR(Board Configuration & Status Register) in CPLD have many
function like Enable/Disable the Interrupt and else.
I don't understand exactly why they are used and what they do in the system.

I just wonder if I don't use this and connect the IDE interface to the
static bus of Au1200 directly, I am not sure it is working well or
not.

Is there anyone who use the IDE interface directly to the AU1200?
Please give me the advice.

Thanks,