Re: Re: GTK/GLIB port for mipsel

>> Can anybody here point me to a source where I can
>> download a glib and gtk ports for mipsel, or at least
get
>> more info on this.
>
>Well, it wouldn't surprise me if something is broken, as
I get the
>feeling that the GNOME folks are notorious for doing
unportable crap in
>their code.  However, GTK/glib builds and works just
fine for me.  I
>suspect that either something is broken in your cross-
compile setup, or
>you might be using ancient versions of these packages.
I have both
>glib-2.8.5 and gtk -2.8.10 installed on my (big-endian)
machines here
>without any problems.

I'm trying to install glib 2.8.3 (I do not think it is
too much different from 2.8.5). I have little-endian mips
architecture (mipsel) and am installing the library on
the RedHat Linux with core 2.4 (both on a target and on a
host).
I'm using the following parameters with configure:
./configure --prefix=<path> --build=mipsel-linux --
host=i686-linux --with-libiconv=gnu

Do you have you gtk/glib compiled from the sources on
your machine or just a binaries installed? Do you have
a ./glib/gatomic.c file compiled? I do not quite
understand how that can be (I could not see there a
section for MIPS/MIPSEL). Also, do you have any of the
G_ATOMIC_<platform> macros defined in the config.h file?

With respect,
Oleg Kruzhkov