Re: Timer Interrupt

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Bharathi Subramanian wrote:

> We are trying to implement the CPU Clock down feature for saving the
> power. In this process, Whenever the CPU is put in 1/2 Clock then the
> Timer interrupt is also getting delayed.
>
> Later I found that CPU Counter is used to generate the timer intr. How
> to make the Timer interrupt to happen at every 10ms, even if the CPU
> is in 1/2, 1/4 or 1/8 of the original clock??
>
> Processor: MIPS 4Kc 32B
  Kernel   : 2.4.20

In mips_timer_ack() function, the new Compare reg value loaded. Here I
tried to put new counter value based on the present cpu clock divder
setting. But board is getting rebooted.

Is it the right way to handle this issue?? Anybody faced same
condition, kindly share your exprience with me.

Thanks,
--
Bharathi S