Re: newbie question

phess.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi there!

First I have to say that I'm a newbie without any experience with "linux
kernel". So don't blame me ;-)

I downloaded toolchains from MIPS Technologies.
I downloaded the newest version Linux 2.6.14-rc1 via CVS.

I installed the toolchain and tested some examples like "hello world" and
"minicom". They worked fine. I copied the linux kernel into a new folder of
the toolchain example directory. Then I tried to make (with command sde-make
menuconfig and then sde-make SBD=GSIM32L) the linux kernel. But all I get
are the following five lines:

Don't try to use the bare-iron/embedded MIPS SDE toolchain to build a Linux kernel. Instead use the version which is configured as a Linux native or cross compiler. See http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains#MIPS_SDE

Nigel