ERROR regarding undefined reference to `__rpc_thread_svc_fdset'

Hi,
I am able to build my object files and the shared library fine (libpublication.so in my case).
when i try to link my executeable against the library libpublication.so, i am getting undefined reference to `__rpc_thread_svc_fdset' error.
One noticeable thing is when i do a nm on libpublication.so, i get the function name
`__rpc_thread_svc_fdset' as __rpc_thread_svc_fdset@@GLIBC_2.2.5
DO any know how can i resolve this issue.
regards
vilas