shmem

Hey,
    I've run into a couple of programs that either when configuring or
running cannot allocate shared memory, or detect that it is available.
Is there an easy way to test whether or not it's available? should it
be mounted in a special way? Thanks for any info, my info is below.
kernel config:
http://davec.churchofthedollar.com/BigTom.config
output of mount:
   /dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
   proc on /proc type proc (rw)
   sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
   udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid)
   devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
   /dev/sda2 on /var type reiserfs (rw,noatime,notail)
   /dev/sda3 on /usr type reiserfs (rw,noatime)
   /dev/sda4 on /home type reiserfs (rw,noatime)
   shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

Thanks very much,
-Dave
--
The way that can be named is not the Way.