Re: AMD Au1100 problems (USB & Ethernet)

> The PHY is on the CPU module itself, it's a BCM5221.

I see.

> >>If you could determine the actual errors (such as CRC, collision, etc) then we
> >>can try to determine where the errors are coming from.  It may very well be
> >>HW, but it is a bit too early to make such a broad statement without more
> >>information.
> >

> > Well, could be just a cable issue, hub, etc, but I'll put that in the HW
> > bucket as well :)
>
> The RX errors are reported as "rx miss" (RX_MISSED_FRAME set) which is
> described as "Internal FIFO overrun". Maybe those are just OK and it's
> just that it can't wistand full 100Mbps (the module is connected on a
> 10/100/1000 switch and the server is gigabit).

No, I don't think that's normal.

> The TX errors are time-out, how can I find more details about that ?

If possible, eliminate the gig switch by replacing it with a small
10/100 switch. If the problems go away, then that's a big clue.

Take a look at what the bcm phy is auto-negotiating and make sure it
matches what the switch thinks it has negotiated. Although, the tx
timeouts should have nothing to do with mismatched auto negotiation...
but I see there are a bunch of "carrier" errors.

You of course tried a different cable, just in case?

Pete