Re: CVS Update@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: linux

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:16:21AM +0900, Yoichi Yuasa wrote:
> Date:	Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:16:21 +0900
> From:	Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:	ppopov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc:	yuasa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-mips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: CVS Update@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: linux
>
> Hi Pete,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:48:00 +0100
> ppopov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Log message:
> > 	Philips PNX8550 support: MIPS32-like core with 2 Trimedias on it.
>
> I think the following include path is better.

> -#include <asm/mach-pnx8550/uart.h>
> +#include <uart.h>

What to use really depends on what you want.  I originally created the
mach-* directories to have a place platform-specific header files
instead of infinitely long #ifdef mess.  A buch of -I gcc options are
used to create a search path from the most specific to the most generic
files at the end.  If that's the intend, use the <file.h> form.  If
however the intend is to include a specific file then the prefered
form is <patch/mach-foo/file.h> which avoids the danger of accidently
picking up something else and also is slightly easier for the compiler.

  Ralf