Re: Using a hal lib in Linux.

<francis_moreau2000@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>I've got a mips board provided with a library that deals with hardware
>>management.
>>This library have been compiled with "sde-lite" gcc. I'm thinking of using
this
>>lib into my linux drivers to speed up developement process. Has anyone made
>>kernel
>>modifications (specially in Makefiles) in order to link such hal lib into
>>kernel
>>code ?
>

>Well, usually consensus is to avoid HAL layers or libraries at about any
>price because they typically add speed penalties and binary-only code,
>which are both unacceptable.

Totally agree with you ! But I was wondering if it was possible for a first
implementation. I will try to rewrite drivers to avoid HAL layers once
everything will be set up. I'm just trying to get something working very
quickly, and the hardware seems to be a very unusual one...but once again I
totally agree with you.

Cheers,

     Francis