[announce] GCC 4.0.0 packages available

Hello,

 I have updated my RPM package archive to include sources and binaries of
the 4.0.0 release of GCC.  The following compilers are available:

1. A mipsel-linux cross-compiler hosted on i386-linux.

2. A mips64el-linux cross-compiler hosted on i386-linux.

3. A native mipsel-linux compiler.

4. A native mips64el-linux compiler.

5. There may be others, but I will not tell you. ;-)

 All compilers include all frontends, that is for Ada, C, C++, Fortran,
Java and Objective-C.  Note the mips64el-linux toolchains include local
changes that make them produce (n)64 binaries by default and libraries are
only (n)64.  The native mips64el-linux environment is still limited, but
usable.

 As a part of the transition to newer GCC glibc has been also updated to a
more recent version, which is now 2.3.5.  Unfortunately this version has
binary incompatibilities with 2.2.x, which for mipsel-linux affects rpm,
coreutils and tar, making their old binaries unusable.  Also all static
libraries need to be rebuilt.

 Packages are available at the usual location, i.e.:
"ftp://ftp3.ds.pg.gda.pl/people/macro/";.

  Maciej