Porting To New System

Hello all,

I'm a long time Linux user, and computer engineering student. I've recently become interested in porting Linux to Sony's PSP gaming system. I'm wanting to do this mainly as an exercise in understanding the kernel better, also I just think it would be neat :). The PSP system has a MIPS R4000 CPU which is already supported so it is my understanding that the port should not be so difficult, not to say that I think it will be easy. At this time I have a gcc toolchain set up which allows me to write and execute code on the PSP, however I have never attempted a kernel port so I'm a little unsure on what to do. I'm looking for someone who wouldn't mind assisting me with my project by helping me with my questions on the porting process. I you have time to answer a few emails here and there, and would like to help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cameron Cooper