Re: How to the the physical addresses under linux (au1500)

On May 3, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Sergio Ruiz wrote:

I am trying to program  the DMA (with the ac97) in assembler using a
linux kernel module for mips teaching purposes.

I think you want to choose a more simple teaching example :-)

Looking at the kernel source code, I found that I can get the physical
address subtracting 0x8000000, but It doesnt seem to work.

Not always. On systems like this one that are not cache coherent, we play games with mapped addresses to get uncached spaces or you need to apply various macros/functions to keep the space coherent.

Any idea?

Use a more simple example. Maybe just update one of the LED displays on the board.

-- Dan