Re: Linux for RouterBoard532 - CPU MIPS32 4Kc - IDT 79RC32434.

I work for MikroTik and we make the RB500. We are trying to add more documentation to make it easy to do more things with Linux. At the moment, the CF image at least lets you quickly start on developing Linux applications. Allot of what you need can be figured out from the kernel patch on the specs page for the RB500 at www.routerboard.com , but that is not so much fun. We will add more documentation on the NAND device and such features. So, please check the site and I can also write to this list as we add more info.

John
www.mikrotik.com

At 01:59 AM 4/17/2005, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
In message <42612249.1fb.7a40.2093672349@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> I´d just bought Routerboard532 (
> http://www.routerboard.com/rb500.html ) and I want to port
> linux to this board. The vendor has just an linux image on
> the web site.

This is not correct. If you just scroll  down  the  page  you  listed
yoursself,   then   you   should   easily  find  the  section  titled
"RouterBOARD 500 GNU/Linux support files" which includes  a  link  to
"Patch for Linux 2.4.29 kernel".

> Anyone could help me we some info or "HOWTO" ?

Download the patch, download the corresponding  kernel  source  tree,
apply  patch,  copy  "config.mipsel"  to  ".config"  to get a default
configuration, build the kernel, download it, run it.

So far I haven't been able to find out how to pass  kernel  arguments
with their boot loader, so you may have to hack rc32434/rb500/prom.c

I used the mips_4KCle packages of the ELDK to build the kernel and to
provide a root filesystem over NFS - this worked fine. There are some
problems (like not being able to switch the CPU clock and NAND  flash
support not working at all), but it boots and runs.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@xxxxxxx
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.