Re: Fixes to MTD flash driver on AMD Alchemy db1100 board

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
Pete Popov wrote:

Here is a 2.6 patch that gets rid of all the Au1x mapping files and
replaces them with a single file.

Big step forward, this looks much cleaner and easier to maintain!

Just a few nits:

1. mymtd = do_map_probe("cfi_probe", &alchemy_map);

Doesn't this mean that the Alchemy flash driver depends on the CFI interface? I also see that CONFIG_MTD_CFI is not set in the configfiles for some boards.

2. If above do_map_probe() returns NULL, the ioremap()ed memory is leaked. Doesn't matter that much probably, but is trivial to fix.

 if (!mymtd)
 {
  iounmap( alchemy_map.virt);
  return -ENXIO;
 }

3. No need to cast the parameter to iounmap(), it should happily digest whatever ioremap() returns. If that gives warnings, something different is going wrong in between. ;)

Thanks, I took care of all this. I removed the multiple drivers in favor of the single, simplied driver. I pushed the updates in linux-mips head, and the mtd community tree. To use these changes with linux-mips 2.4 branch, you have to patch-in the entire mtd tree. However, even then I had some compile problems that were not related to the changes I made, so I don't know if you can still use the latest mtd tree with a 2.4 kernel.

Pete