Re: Building GLIBC 2.3.4 on MIPS

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

The culprit is elsewhere. The glibc's syscall number translator script doesn't work with asm-mips/unistd.h as of Linux 2.6 (you could have probably used 2.4 headers instead; I'm not sure if that is compatible with "--enable-kernel=2.6.0", though). A correct fix has been prepared and proposed by Richard Sandiford and is available here: "http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2004-11/msg00097.html";. I would expect this patch to have been applied before 2.3.4, but apparently this hasn't happened. That's regrettable and I fear it's the result of glibc being somewhat inadequately maintained for MIPS/Linux these days, sigh...

I'm not sure what the maintenance plan is for the 2.3 branch of glibc, but if 2.3.5 is ever going to happen, the Richard's patch is one of the must-have additions.

Maciej

The debian patch I referenced is what we require for glibc to generate a proper syscalls.h for 2.4 kernels. Unknown on the 2.6 kernel front how that patch affects things. I'll have to see if this patch affects/changes anything for either headers version.

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond