Re: bitrot in drivers/net/au1000_eth.c

On Friday 28 January 2005 18:20, Matt Porter wrote:
> I suggest everyone take a look at the effort posted to netdev:
>
> http://oss.sgi.com/archives/netdev/2004-12/msg00643.html
>
> It's an attempt at a phy abstraction layer that goes the next
> logical step after the minimal support provided in mii.h.

Ok, this is a major enhancement to the current ad-hoc MII handling and
probably the way to go in the future. My main concern is if/when this patch
will be applied to the kernel, but until then I'll probably stick with the
current code, keeping it alive as good as possible.

Is anyone aware of the acceptance/state of that patch or have further info?

Uli