Re: O2 and 128Mb

Il giorno gio, 13-01-2005 alle 11:26 -0800, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh ha
scritto:
> Please set up serial console, and find out where kernel crashes.
> It is pretty obvious that happens before gbefb is initialized, but
> after ip32-reset is setup (which sets up timer to blink the LED),
> thus should be able to give you some output on serial port.

Sorry for being late,
I tried: I found a laptop equipped with serial port, plugged a nullmodem
serial cable on the laptop serial port and on the serial port labeled "1"
of the O2 machine. I started minicom on the laptop and selected ttyS0, 9600,
8bit, noparity, 1 stop bit.

Then changed in /etc/arcboot.conf, my append line from
append="root=/dev/sda1" to
append="root=/dev/sda1 console=ttyS0,9600n8 console=tty0"

shutdown the O2, unplugged power cable, waited, plugged, swithed on.
Then I changed the OSLoadFilename correctly, and typed "boot".

During the supposed boot, minicom doesn't display *any* character. It
just change the online label from "00:00" to "00:01". Nothing more,

Then, as already explained, the red led on the SGI O2 starts blinking.

I then tried the same "append" line with my working kernel and it worked
as expected: writing to both the serial console and the O2 screen.

How may I better debug the problem? Anyone have a working kernel or,
maybe, a newer arcboot?

Thanks,
Giuseppe