Newbie questions

Hi.

I'm trying to build a MIPS kernel (2.4) and I'm stuck.

I'm using the MIPS SDE-lite installed on a linux box, but I don't think I have it configured properly. (I have to define things like -D_MIPS_SZLONG in CPPFLAGS to get it to compile.)

I've gotten it all to compile, but it fails to link at the end with undefined reference to handle_reserved, handle_watch, handle_adel, etc.
I assume these are intrinsics in the MIPS libraries, but I can't find them.

Is there a missing step in my configuration, or am I using the wrong tools?
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
 too dark to read." - Groucho Marx