Re: port on exotic board.

> yes and anyway the default value for WIRED is zero
> after a reset.

PROMs *do* have interesting ideas sometimes.

> I can't believe that I'm the first one on mips
> architecture who is trying to run kernel code located
> at a physicall address different from 0 !

Sure you aren't. If you have a 64-bit machine, it's relatively easy in
fact. If your code and data is above 512 MB, you are a little more
screwed, but it still can be done (as evidenced by me), and CPHYSADDR does
not, enter the discussion at all. All you have to do is create a correct
memory map at start.

I don't know about running mapped kernels in 32-bit mode, though. It is a
different thing whatsoever.

Stanislaw Skowronek