Kernel located in KSEG2 or KSEG3.

Hi,

Sorry if you find this post stupid, but I'm quite new
in Linux.

To learn on Linux kernel, I've decided to port it on
particular board with (very) limited resources and
based with a 4KC processor core. As far I see, I need
at least a couple of mega bytes of memory to achieve
my goal.
Unfortunately the only way to get this amount of mem
is
to execute linux in memory that can only be accessed
through KSEG2 and KSEG3 !

Here is my board's mapping:

Physical Memory Map:

start        size       type
-----------------------------
0x20000000 - 8MB    - SDRAM
0x30000000 - 16MB   - FLASH
0x40000000 - 16MB   - FLASH
0x50000000 - 2MB    - SRAM

I looked into the memory init code and I don't think
that it's possible to run linux in a segment different
from KSEG0. Am I wrong ?

I've noticed a CONFIG_MAPPED_KERNEL macro but it seems
that it's only used to replicate kernel from mapped
memory to KSEG0...

Thanks for your answers.

Avec Yahoo! faites un don et soutenez le Téléthon en cliquant sur http://www.telethon.fr/030-Don/10-10_Don.asp