Re: Epson13806 performances on Pb1100

On December 8, 2004 03:37 pm, Michael Kelly wrote:
> KArl,
>
> There is a bug (they might call it a feature) that causes the Au1100
> to perform two accesses when talking to 16-bit peripherals.  The
> first access is the real one, while the second access has the byte
> enables off.  But, this means every access creates two cycles on
> the bus.
>
> I am sure of this bug on the standard peripheral bus, and I am pretty
> sure it still exists when talking via the LCD signals, since the same
> bus controller is used.
>
> MIchael

Well, that may cause a problem of course. Do you mean that writing 8-bit or
16-bits data through a chip select configured for 16-bit data bus will send
in fact two write signals?

If it is the case, then I obviously need to send 32-bit data for every
access, since the second write will be used to send the second word (I
suppose). Do I understand well?