Re: au1100fb.c

On December 7, 2004 03:38 am, you wrote:
> Hi Karl
>
> Thanks for the software. I have now added my tft and mono display to the
> driver.
> It works fine with a few changes.
> For the mono no memory was allocated for the framebuffer because the
> calculation gave 0 bytes:
> 	fbdev->fb_len = fbdev->panel->max_xres * fbdev->panel->max_yres *
> 		  	(fbdev->panel->max_bpp >> 3) *
> AU1100FB_NBR_VIDEO_BUFFERS;

You're right. As I told you, the driver needs to be tested in many
configuration and for many boards, I have only done simple tests. Thanks for
your notice!

> It also seems that for the tft to much is allocated.
> I have to look more into that.
> What is AU1100FB_NBR_VIDEO_BUFFERS used for?

It is because in our case (at sunrise), we use back buffers and want  to
retrieve it by an offset from the front buffer. In the repository,
AU1100FB_NBR_VIDEO_BUFFERS should be set to 1 (sorry if I forgot to change it
in the patch), but it allows programmers to allocate one, two, or more back
buffers by incrementing it.

> For mono the tux logo does not come up, and if I disable the logo then the
> framebuffer will not be initialized.
> Do I then have to do something manually?

The mono logo works well for me though. The driver turns up the monitor at
bootup only in two cases for now: you are using the framebuffer console, or
you don't use the fb console but still want the logo to show up.

> I have added au1100fb_ioctl so I can control the contrast/pwm for my mono
> display.
> I also had to change the clock settings. My board came up with a different
> clock rate.
>
> It looks good I think It should be added to the repository. Not just
> because of the small tests I have made but because it is there and it works
> better than what is already there.
> Is it Pete Popov that has to add it?

Pete just send me a mail saying that he is about to test the code and submit
it.

Thanks,
Karl