titan_ge etherent driver

Hi Ralf,

since I noticed that you are working on the titan_ge driver,
I think it is time to let you know that I am currently
reworking that driver in the context of a new platform port.
The primary goal is to cleanly separate the  titan_ge driver
from the yosemite platform and to make it usable with other
RM9000-based platforms as well.

The work is rather advanced, I did implement all the necessary
changes and am now debugging through the thing to make it
work. During the process I found quite a number of issues with
the old driver that I fixed along the way.

The main points addressed by my work are these:

- Do no longer monopolize the message interrupt, so the titan_ge
  can coexist with other drivers for OCDs.

- Do not refuse to initialize if the link is down. This
  would prevent a statically linked kernel from booting if
  no network cord was attached :-(

- Properly allocate and deallocate any resources used.

- Introduce a mapping layer, so that the driver can be told to
  use any ethernet slice for any port number, and even leave
  alone slices so they can be used for different purposes (GPI).

- Introduce a general OCD access framework that is designed to be
  useful for new platform ports.

I will submit my work work for review once it is completed (since
I am working on it full time, that should not take too long). Until
then, I'd like to avoid unnecessary duplication of work, so I am
announcing this.

tk

Thomas Koeller, Software Development
Basler Vision Technologies