Re:

macrohat wrote:

>Dear linux-mips:
>
>Thanks!
>
>So,Could I think that BCM1250 is not a type of high performance CPU? as in ARM or Power PC ARCH system,Bogomips is almost equal to CPU clock

Intel P4 has 2X Bogomips than the frequency:)

I think we could not conclude just by this: performance of a CPU is a
complex topic,
its architects may think ALU latency is not important enough for them to
implement
full bypass,instead put their energy on other issues.Nowadays, the
memory hierarchy
performance often dominates.

Of course you can benmark it, for general purpose CPU, SPEC CPU2000 may
be a good choice(www.spec.org)
and there are numerous other free benchmarks too.

>frequency.Is there any way to inprove it with software?

The compiler may help a bit by scheduling instructions around.