Re: Disabling lwc0 instruction

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 06:31:11PM +0530, mansoor wrote:

> Iam working on lx4189. This core doesnt support
> "lwc0" instruction but my tool chain generates
> this instruction.
>
> So when I run some applications it throws
> "unknown instruction" exception.
>
> How can solve this issue ?
>
> I have few solutions but I dont know
> whether its correct.
>

> 1) Re-build the toolchain with this instruction
>     disbaled. But how to do this ?.
> 2) Write an exception handler to handle this
>     instruction. The exact replacement would be
>     "mfc0". how to do this ?

No.  lwc0 is ll, load linked.  In 2.6 define cpu_has_llsc to return 0 in
your system's cpu-feature-override.h.  In 2.4 disable CONFIG_CPU_HAS_LLSC.

The kernel actually has an emulation for ll/sc in applications which
enables running of application code using ll/sc on ll/sc-less processors.
You should try to find why this seems to fail for you.  Maybe this Lexra
kernel is simply super-ancient?  If it's as old as it seems you should
replace it as it has various exploitable security holes.

  Ralf