Re: PATCH

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 08:01:28PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Pete Popov wrote:
> > Ralf, or anyone else, any suggestions on how to get a patch like the one
> > below accepted in 2.6? It's needed due to the 36 bit address of the
> > pcmcia controller on the Au1x CPUs.
>
> Perhaps you can ask the PPC people? Book E PPC has 36-bit I/O as well.

FWIW, it's specifically PPC440 cores that have a 36-bit address space.
It should be noted that nobody has as of yet expressed public interest
in having PCMCIA working on PPC440. I just ran into a person with a
custom board last week interfacing a CF card that would need a similar
patch to handle ppc's phys_addr_t.

To answer Pete's original question, I would suggest posting the patch
to http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-pcmcia which is
where PCMCIA subsystem development conversations are taking place. It
might be good to cc: rmk since he's been the de facto PCMCIA
maintainer.

-Matt