RE: Problem with ARP response

At 10:45 AM 9/15/2004 -0400, Brad Kemp wrote:

> [...]

If you disable the arp response from eth1, no traffic will go to it. Is this
really what you want to do?
You might want to look in to 802.1q VLAN tagging if you want to run to logical
networks on one physical network
Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the response.
I got the issue resolved. ARP is handling this kinda scenarios by doing arp_filter ().
But to use arp_filter the flag arp_filter should be enabled i.e. keep 1 in proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/<interface name>/arp_filter on all the interfaces that are put in same switch/hub.

Regards,
--Rajesh