Re: Au1000 AC97 ALSA Driver

I've been testing this driver for a while now and I think I've worked out most of the bugs.

If any one's interested they can find the source code here:
http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/au1000.c

A patch that adds the code plus edits the KConfig Makefiles here:
http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/au1000_alsa.patch

To compile it as a module you'll probably need this little patch to the au1000's dma.c.
http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/au1000_dma_module.patch

In order for this driver to work you'll of course need the ALSA drivers as well so it will only work on kernel 2.6+, unless you add them to pre-2.6. I also recommend updating the ALSA drivers that come with the kernel from 1.0.4 to the latest, all of my testing was performed using ALSA drivers 1.0.5a, but it will probably run fine on 1.0.4.

In order to use most of the ALSA applications out there you will also need an alsa.conf somewhere. You'll need to "export ALSA_CONFIG_PATH=/....../alsa.conf" sometime too so all your apps know where to find your alsa.conf file, like during boot (in .profile for example). Here's the alsa.conf file I've been using.
http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/alsa.conf

Cheers,
Charles