ATI Rage XL

Hi.

I am new to the list.
I have a MIPS32 based platform with miniPCI slots and an ATI Rage XL.
There where rumors that there is code in the 2.6 Kernel that initializes the card for non-x86 platforms. I have found a file called xlinit.c
with a function atyfb_xl_init in it, but I did not find a place where it is called. I read that it is a patch from SGI to get the Rage XL running
on non X86 platforms.

Is all that only a rumor or does anyone have a pointer where to find