Re: Help with MOP network boot install on DECstation 5000/240

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Collin Baillie wrote:

> Ok, I found a 4.5MB boot.img file which is supposed to be the netboot debian
> installer for r3k-kn03 mipsel. mopd doesn't seem to like it's a.out-ness.
> mopchk gives (I named it DEBIAN.SYS for the purpose of mop booting):
>
> Checking: DEBIAN.SYS
> Some failure in GetAOutFileInfo
>
> Does mopd work with a.out files? I read somewhere it doesn't. Is this the
> install image you speak of? There doesn't seem to be a cd-rom version. I
> really have difficulties with Debian's site. Any help you guys could offer
> me would be appreciated.

 This is supposedly an ECOFF image for booting with TFTP.  If you can't
get the ELF image it was converted from, you may try converting it back to
ELF like this:

$ mipsel-linux-objcopy -O elf32-tradlittlemips boot.img DEBIAN.SYS

I have never used that, though, so I can't say if it works.  Actually
objcopy from more or less current binutils emits a bogus warning when
executing the above command.

  Maciej