Re: Linux on SNI RM300E ?

Thomas Kunze wrote:
> Quoting Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > It is, AFAIK. But the woody kernel is for a SGI Indy/Indigo2, not for
> > RM300E. The linux-mips.org tree has only support for RM200C, adding
> > support for RM300E is probably not that complicated if it is similiar
> > enough.
>
> OK. what are the next steps to get a bigendian bootimage for the RM300E?
> are there any sources available to compile for the RM300?
> is there a bootimage for the RM200C that i can give a try?

I would try current CVS HEAD, compile the RM200C configuration and
see where it dies. No need to bother about a complete boot image
at this stage. Welcome to the world of kernel porting. :-)

(You need a kernel converted to ECOFF for this, like it is done
for some other machines via elf2ecoff.)

Thiemo