Re: IRQ problem on cobalt / 2.6.6

Kieran Fulke wrote:

yeah. cleared out /usr/src and re-emerged mips-sources-2.6.6, then made the change to include/asm/cobalt/cobalt.h you suggested. kernel .config attached ..

Kieran.

Just to rule out a few things, try disabling the following options in your .config:

CONFIG_IDE_TASK_IOCTL (IDE Taskfile Access)
CONFIG_IDE_TASKFILE_IO (IDE Taskfile IO)

CONFIG_TULIP_MWI (New bus configuration)
CONFIG_TULIP_MMIO (Use PCI shared mem for NIC registers)
CONFIG_TULIP_NAPI (Use NAPI RX polling)
CONFIG_TULIP_NAPI_HW_MITIGATION (Use Interrupt Mitigation)

Taskfile access is, afaict, needed only if you're doing disk forensics or such. The new taskfile IO code hung up on me a few times on Cobalt when I was initially testing some of Peter's 2.6.x patches, and as such, I haven't cut it on since then.

Tulip, I don't recall which, but I *think* one of them also caused me some kind of an issue, I'm unsure if it was a hang or something else. In either case, I left them as is.

See if turning those off does anything different.

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond