Re: 32-bit ABI

> So there is no relation at all to modules.  You btw. can load 64-bit ELF
> modules into a kernel which was built using above trick as 32-bit ELF.
> That's necessary because modules are currently allocated through vmalloc
> which allocates space in XKSEG.

Ah, so it's like that. Great. Is the ELF64 support still not correct?

> > I have changed it to 64-bit abi in my Octane kernel, because it won't even
> > compile otherwise. I've got gcc 3.3.2, gas 2.14.
> Octane has no memory at all in CKSEG0?

Well, as far as I know, and I'm probably right, it _does_ have some memory
there. A whopping 16 kilobytes of memory mirrored by the HEART to allow
placing exception vectors there (what a weird idea).

And you can't remap, I repeat, can't remap anything under 0x20000000
because there are the small Xtalk windows and HEART registers and God only
knows what else.

Stanislaw Skowronek