Re: relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user

I have changed
CONFIG_IP_TABLES=y to
CONFIG_IP_TABLES=m
 in .config file.
make modules now building ip_tables.o and I do not have this error any more.
Although, executing iptables utility is giving following error.

ip_tables: applet not found
can't initialize iptables table 'filter': table does not exist
perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Any ideas?

Santosh

"Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
santosh khare wrote:

> When I am trying to insmod iptables.o I am getting this error multiple
> times.
>
> relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user
> relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user
> relocation overflow of type 4 __copy_user
>
> I was getting similar errors for printk etc but they disappeared after I
> changed the CFLAGS for arch/mips/Makefile and included -mno-abicalls.

This flag is already included by default in both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. How
did you compile your module?

-Steve

Santosh Khare
425 556 0845 (H)