madwifi driver

Hi,

I am trying to get the madwifi driver to work with
mips. Madwifi seems to have support for mips through
the file " mipsisa32-le-elf.hal.o.uu " , but when you
uudecode this file, "file" reports it as mips3. And so
you can not link this with the other driver modules
which are being compiled at mips ( 1 ). Can't link the
files so the whole module build fails.

I believe I am correct in thinking that the linux-mips
kernel, compiles at a max mips isa of 2. If that is
so, can anyone think why anyone would make a kernel
module with mips3 code in it ? Other Operating systems
allow higher ISA values ? I believe madwifi is based
on FreeBSD, so maybe that allows mips3 ???

I have already posted to the madwifi list about this,
but as yet have had no reply. So I was wondering if
anyone on this list had ever tried to compile madwifi,
and if you succeeded, I would very much appreciate it
if you could explain how.

Alternatively, does anyone know how I can force link
the mips object files with the mips3 object file, on
the off chance that thinks might just work ?

Any help appreciated.

TIA