Re: gcc 3.4 and kernel 2.6 for 64bit on sb1250

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 larryhl@comcast.net wrote:

> I am wondering where gcc 3.4 cross-compiler for mips with little-endian
> hosted on red-hat/intel could be downloaded. I tried to build them by
> myself, but the compilation always failed because of pthread.h missing.

 There are a few RPM packages at my site:
"ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/"; (you'd need to use a mirror at:
"ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/mirror/ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/"; as we have
temporary connectivity problems here).  I'm not sure if they'd work with
an arbitrary version of RH, but they are not much demanding about
libraries -- just shared glibc 2.2.4 or newer.  The Java frontend
additionally requires zlib 1.1.x (1.1.4 is recommended due to a security
fix).  An Ada (GNAT) frontend is included as well, which I suppose to be
nice as it's not necessarily the easiest item to be built.

 No warranty these work at all, although they've performed reasonably for
me so far.  Expect updates once the original FTP site is resurrected, but
I don't plan to make a set of packages for the released version of 3.4 as
I'm already working on 3.5.

  Maciej