Re: missing flush_dcache_page call in 2.4 kernel

>> I'm quite sure that it's a kernel bug and may cause problems if any
>> PIO block device (PIO ide, ide-cs, mtdblock, etc.) are used on CPUs
>> which have d-cache aliases (not only MIPS).  We need a correct fix

pdh> True. A proper fix would flush the relevant page after PIO
pdh> transfers into the page cache / swap pages. Unfortunately this
pdh> would require a hook in the generic kernel.

I found somewhat long discussions in linux-kernel ML.

Subject: [patch] cache flush bug in mm/filemap.c (all kernels >= 2.5.30(at least))
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0305.2/1205.html
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0305.3/0151.html

Still I do not understand whole story on the thread, David S. Miller
said that architecture defined IDE insw/outsw macro should do the
flushing in this case, if I understand correctly.  Definitely sparc64
__ide_insw do it.  Hmm ...

---
Atsushi Nemoto