Von: Pete Popov [mailto:ppopov@mvista.com] Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. März 2004 21:57
An: erras stefan
Cc: Linux MIPS mailing list
Betreff: Re: PMON documentation

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 05:09, erras stefan wrote:

Hello,
I'm working on a development project with a RM5231 MIPS processor. I have to modify some things in the PMON bootloader source-code. Can anybody give me an advice where I can find PMON source code documentation or a detailed explanation how PMON works. Which files do I have to look into, when I would like to modify the bootloader.
Maybe I can use another bootloader. Which alternatives do I have. I do
not need the debug functionality of PMON. Maybe there is an easier to
understand and modify bootloader.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

I think there were too many versions of "PMON" floating out there. I'm not sure which one you have.

If you are starting from scratch, take a look at uboot. I think that would be a much better alternative.

Pete