Re: newport console fixes

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 02:57:08PM +0100, Markus Dahms wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I patched the newport console driver to have the correct colormap
> when exiting X11 / switching from X11 to console.
> This problem doesn't affect all versions of the newport, the old
> revision in my very old indy doesn't show these effects.
> Some revision information of my (different) newports is written in
> the header of the attached diff.

Just for the record, my Indy also exhibits this fault, but has different
cmap revision than yours:

NG1: Revision 6, 8 bitplanes, REX3 revision B, VC2 revision A,
     xmap9 revision A, cmap revision C, bt445 revision D
NG1: Screensize 1280x1024

> #### old newport, works w/o patch
> #
> # NG1: Revision 3, 8 bitplanes, REX3 revision B, VC2 revision A,
> #      xmap9 revision A, cmap revision C, bt445 revision A
> # NG1: Screensize 1296x1024
> #
> ## (strange resolution, isn't it? - X does 1280x1024 anyway)
>
> #### new newport, works w/ patch
> #
> # NG1: Revision 6, 8 bitplanes, REX3 revision B, VC2 revision A,
> #      xmap9 revision A, cmap revision D, bt445 revision D
> # NG1: Screensize 1280x1024

Regards,

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann@icm.edu.pl>
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling