Re: r3000 instruction set

Mark and Janice Juszczec (juszczec@hotmail.com) writes:

> I'm working with kaffe on a r3912 cpu. I'm getting an illegal instruction
> error. I disassembled the kaffe binary and thought I'd find the offending
> instruction.

Two suggestions, to make a hat-trick of responses from MIPS.  "See
MIPS Run" (I'm too modest to mention the author's name) has a pretty
accurate list of instructions covering R3000 and 39xx derivatives.

Any reasonable GNU assembler knows all the instructions there ever
were - and if you look at the table in mips-opc.c, fairly accurately
attributed to various instruction set definitions and extensions.

--
Dominic Sweetman
MIPS Technologies.