Re: dietlibc nash pic/non-pic errors

Shaun Savage wrote:
> I am want to cross compile dietlibc and nash(mkinitrd).
>
> I can cross compile static mipsel dietlibc libs
> but when I try to link it with nash I get
>   the pic and non-pic error,  can't merge
>
> I have gotten QPDF, SD on linux, busybox and ulibc cross compiled and
> working, so I sort of know what I am doing.
>
> I am using Maciej toolchain

- check that everything is compiled with '-fno-pic -mno-abicalls -G 0'
- you must have either a non-pic libgcc or make sure your programs
  don't need libgcc

The standard configuration of gcc for mipsel-linux creates a
PIC libgcc only, so if you need a non-pic libgcc you must hack
the gcc configuration and rebuild your toolchain.

Or alternatively you can compile dietlibc as PIC
(remove '-fno-pic -mno-abicalls' from mips/Makefile.add
and diet.c).

HTH,
Johannes