Re: GCC-3.4 reorders asm() with -O2

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 04:47:58PM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > but, unlike x86 this is hardly a surprise on a daily basis.
> >
> > I think Andi has sollution that shall fix the other architectures in the
> > kernel too.
>
> If it's the same problem that broke i386: Current bitkeeper should sort the exception tables
> and fix it. It's actually done with a patch from Paul Mackerras. Of course it could be a different
> issue too that's breaking MIPS.

It is.  Ralf already knows about the problem, I think - we leave
markers outside of functions which define an entry point, save some
additional registers to the stack, and try to fall through to the
following function.  If the function gets emitted elsewhere, obviously,
we've lost :)

[This is save_static_function...]

--
Daniel Jacobowitz